Flying Haggis - Virtual Guitar Amp
Standalone + VST/AU plugin | Windows & OS X
New low price of $29 (previously $99).
Flying Haggis is a great sounding, expressive virtual guitar amp with a no-nonsense design and a character all of its own. Rather than follow the current trend of simulating existing hardware, Dave (our technical architect) designed this amp the old fashioned way - using his ears. And since Dave likes playing blues & rock, that's what Flying Haggis is really good at.
Flying Haggis received a Guitarist Choice award from Guitarist magazine, with a rating of 4.5/5.
There are NO sound clips here. You wouldn't go into your local music shop and ask to listen to recordings of their amps - you'd pick up a guitar, plug in and start strumming. So go ahead - download the Flying Haggis demo, plug in your guitar, and get playing. Then you can truly appreciate what a responsive little amp this is.
Why Flying Haggis?
After days searching for a suitably impressive name with which to embellish our finest amp, we had it narrowed down to DGA10FXi or Flying Haggis. Since we believe this business takes itself all too seriously sometimes, we went with the latter for a bit of a laugh.
Flying Haggis - play him and enjoy.
- traditionally designed amp with its own unique sound
- all-round performer, excels at clean and subtle tones
- ultra low latency for responsive live playing
- irresistible user interface
- flexible preset management in standalone player and plug-ins
- optimised for live performances
- full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn
- plug-ins for PC Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST, Audio Units)
- standalone player for PC and Mac (Universal Binary)
If you prefer to control your audio software with hardware knobs or sliders, Flying Haggis can make you happy there too. Thanks to db audioware's easy-to-use MIDI Learn feature, it's simple to map any on-screen control to your favourite external MIDI control surface.
And if live performing is your thing, just hook up a MIDI pedalboard to remotely switch banks & presets, or tweak settings in realtime.
For any skeptics who doubt the existence of flying haggis - we offer absolute proof in the form of a high resolution photo of the litle guy, snapped as he soared above Dave's keyboard one misty morning. A copy of the snapshot is taped to the amp for your viewing pleasure.
We rest our case.
- Works with any host program supporting VST 2.4 or Audio Units
- PC : Windows XP, Vista
- Mac : OS X 10.4 (10.4.8 or better) - Universal Binary
- Celeron 1GHz or better processor
- at least 256MB of memory
- minimum display resolution 1024x768 with 16k colors
- G5 or Intel Core Duo processor
- Universal Binary supports PowerPC- and Intel-based Macs
- Supports all major PC Windows soundcard standards, including MME, DirectX and low latency ASIO
- Supports Core Audio compatible soundcards on Mac OS X
- Software challenge/response system to key each user license to a unique computer