VST 2.4 plug-in (32 bit & 64 bit)
Audio Unit plug-in (32 bit & 64 bit)
Windows Vista / 7 / 8.1
Mac OS X 10.7 or better
Windows demo, 32-bit VST
Windows demo, 64-bit VST
Aug-2014 : Sidechain Compressor V2.0 release:
- 64-bit VST and Audio Unit plug-in support (for hosts such as Logic Pro X, Cubase, Reaper).
- Easier licensing (challenge/response has been replaced with a simple serial number).
- A new sidechaining mechanism (using 4 inputs) in addition to the existing Universal Sidechain feature. (Requires a host which supports multi input plug-ins such as Reaper, see demo video opposite)
- Support for the latest OS X and Windows operating systems.
Upgrade pricing for existing owners
If you own an older version of Sidechain Compressor, you can upgrade to V2.0 for only $20. Please enter your original serial number into the “Additional Information” section of the order page. (If you have lost this number just let us know). Upgrades are processed manually within 24 hours, but usually much sooner.
[Sidechaining with new 4-input plug-in (Reaper 64 bit)]
What is it?
Sidechain Compressor is a flexible VST/AU compressor plug-in. It can be used as a regular channel strip compressor for clean crisp compression & limiting across a wide range of mixing jobs (e.g. adding punch to drum tracks or presence to vocals). For additional flexibility, the sidechain controls (Lo Cut/Hi Cut/Shape) let you customise the compression response.
However, Sidechain Compressor’s real party trick is its Universal Sidechain section. This lets you easily do vocal ducking (standard vocal processing in radio production, to fade out music when a narrator is speaking) or add synchronised ducking effects to dance mixes (making your whole mix “pump” or “breathe” by following a kick drum).
Universal Sidechains work in most multi-track applications, even those that do not directly support side-chaining. It only takes a few mouse clicks and you’re up and running!
[Sidechain Compressor + Logic Pro X]
- all-new compression algorithm with great vintage sound
- easy multi track side-chaining based on db audioware’s Universal Sidechains
- one-to-one-track or one-to-many-tracks side-chaining
- elegant user interface with clear visual feedback
- precision control over the compression response (EQ & Shape)
- gain control for manual gain make-up or fine adjustment of output level
- auto-gain with integrated second stage limiter (ensuring levels never get out of control at extreme settings)
- full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn
At the heart of Sidechain Compressor is db audioware’s Universal Sidechains, the most popular and well-tested independent side-chain method on the market. Universal Sidechains let you side-chain in most multi track hosts, even if the host software itself does not have that native capability***.
So when you want to do multi track side-chaining, simply open two copies of Sidechain Compressor, one in your “send” track and one in your “receive” track. Set the plug-in controls as shown below and your Universal Sidechain is ready to go!
Notice that when set up like this (External Trig is on), the “send” plug-in does not compress the audio, but passes audio unprocessed directly to its output. Only the “receive” plug-in acts as a compressor. For full details please see the User Manual.
For added flexibility, you can side-chain from one “send” track to multiple “receive” tracks. Just set up as above, making sure that every “receive” plug-in is tuned to the same Universal Sidechain bus.
If you prefer to control your plug-ins with hardware knobs or sliders, Sidechain Compressor is happy to oblige. Thanks to db audioware’s easy-to-use MIDI Learn feature, it’s simple to map any on-screen control to your favourite external MIDI control surface.
*** Universal Sidechains work with most multi-track audio software (supporting VST or Audio Units) currently available on PC Windows and Mac OS X. However, you should check that Universal Sidechains work correctly on your system before purchasing. Fully functional demo versions of all our products are available for this purpose.
SUPPORTED PLUG-IN STANDARDS
- VST 2.4 (32-bit + 64-bit)
- Audio Units (32-bit & 64-bit)
SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS
- Windows Vista – Windows 10
- OS X 10.7 -10.11
COPY PROTECTION SCHEME
- Simple serial number (no hassling with USB dongles or challenge/response activation!)